Monday 29 July 2013

People.

As I've been removing people from my friends list in one of the networks, I caught myself thinking that I don't really treasure people anymore. I mean, I do treasure my family and friends, who have been with me through the thick and thin and who have always been here for me, lending their shoulders for me to cry on when others failed me.

What I mean is, I don't get upset if I lose touch with someone. I know I'm not the best at replying (Sometimes I forget and take forever to reply), but I don't care if I don't make friends at a convention I go to, or a party, or any other event. 

I have been hurt a lot by other people, and I have been betrayed, just like everybody else. Through this, I've learned that the ones, who run around, declaring they will never hurt you, who are too eager to prove it to you, will end up being the backstabbers.

I have wonderful friends. And I'm looking forward to making more wonderful friends. But I don't hold onto people anymore.

Every time I had been betrayed or hurt, I was the one trying to fix everything and I was willing to step over my heartache and make things work somehow, or, at least, end up being somewhat friendly with the backstabber. Sadly, the road to hell is paved with good intentions - this I learned well. It is now burnt into my skin, carved into my heart.

I am not bitter and I'm certainly not holding any grudges against anyone. I believe in karma and everyone will get what they deserve.

Sometimes people are sincerely sorry and we end up being okay. Sometimes they are cowards. Sometimes they never learn from their mistakes.

I started off this post stating that I don't treasure people. But the truth is that I do, even more so. I'm much more appreciative of the people in my life, the ones who have been with me no matter what.

There's always something good, no matter how bad everything seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment